Navigate
index
bio
download


Archive
december01
november01
october01
september01
august01
july01
june01
may01
april01
march01
february01
january01
december00
november00
october00
september00
august00
july00
june00
may00
april00


Photos
dim sum
dublin
flora
ford focus
{fray} day 4
glendalough
paddybloggers
san francisco
trinity, wexford


Irish
amphoteric
babblogue blog
eccentric, me????
iloggers
mersault*thinking
newhold
targum


Global
calamondin
flaunt
harrumph!
kitschbitch
kottke
megnut
nothing, and lots of it
notsosoft
peterme
plasticbag
portrait of a katie
powazek
prolific
rebecca's pocket
zeldman
<< web loggers >>


Powered By
blogger
nikon coolpix 990


Contact
tom@tomcosgrave.com
+353 87 5 668 1435



Monday, September 17, 2001
Still wait-listed for tonight, but not hopeful about it. Staying with more very kind friends...my boss (Brendan) is telling me to relax and enjoy it...so I will do my best.
And a shout out to my Kiwi friend Todd, who is in Belfast. G'day mate.

My friend Adrienne is okay, I have heard.


My own problems are utterly insignificant compared to this. Godspeed Maura...my thoughts are with you.

Holy shit...I could be here for a while. I'm still wait-listed, with the first confirmed flight out available to me on the 26th!!! I was advised to keep on calling the airline and something could happen before that...but I could be here for a while.

It's funny - I went out last night to a performance art kind of thing, and I met a few French folks there, working for the French Consulate....I told one of the girls I met my story and the first thing she said was "You're fucked, you could be here for up to 10 days". I didn't believe her...but it turns out she was right.

At least I have a story to tell my grandkids...


Saturday, September 15, 2001
My flight was cancelled today and I am wait-listed for Monday, so I will need to check with British Airways again. I spoke to my father today as well, which was good, I got the impression he was relieved and very glad to hear my voice. My family in Boston (a great uncle, his wife and son) are all okay, as is my uncle Raymund, a priest in Mexico who travels through the US regularly.

So, at least I know more about my probably plans. I guess until then, I just have to relax and chill out.


Friday, September 14, 2001
I'm not going until at least Saturday afternoon. I just checked in with BA and will need to check again tomorrow. More details as they happen I suppose, but at least I am not so much in limbo anymore.

Will phone the parents tomorrow or whenever they will be awake....they are in Spain and have been thru all of this and for one reason or another, talking to them hasn't worked out....not for lack of trying.